Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Change Making Changes


A World of Change:

I can go on and on about what is wrong in the world today. Society, moral decline, fruitless anger and hate, but can I find some of the good in the world? I will seek it out, and let you all know so that we as a community of positive people may have a hand in changing this ever-changing world.

from a mom… "We raised, as a school, thousands and thousands of cans of food for the hunger collation before Christmas, My kids donated and went to the homeless shelter to deliver their donations themselves."
from the frontlines in Iraq, there appears to be a shift in the soldiers negativity to something positive when each one saves a life. They give a life to save one and that is an exemplary gift of theirs.

In Iowa, I watch as devastation runs on the screen like butter on asphalt. Streaming on the bottom of the screen or whether it is the front story, I see glimmers of hope. Yes the people have lost almost everything but they have not lost their spirit of hope or pride in moving forward. Hands reaching out to help, offerings of assistance are taken, state to state, hands stretch out across the land to assist. I find that positively beautiful!

On a closer to home level, at Round Grove United Church of Christ, they are feeding the less fortunate children twice a week, all with the aid of volunteers pitching in to do their part. They make the lunches, deliver to the needy children, and the church is a proud sponsor of CCA . Christian Community Action of Denton County Texas:

Mission Statement
In the spirit of Jesus Christ, Christian Community Action ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services that alleviate suffering, bring hope and change lives.
Description
Christian Community Action serves the residents of Denton County in various areas of service. Including but not limited to food, housing, education, spiritual, Christmas Toy Program, Back to School Program, Summer lunch programs, crisis intervention, and many other issues affecting the community.

On a personal level, what am I doing to make the change? I think my previous post says something about my smile a day campaign, and anyone who knows me, knows I’m keeping my part of the bargain alive! I will help people become better, I will make one person smile a day (if not tons more), I will guide learner’s in the direction that they would like to go, I will also care when no one else will. I am certain to make a change in anyone who knows me and if one day I should know millions of people then I can say that I’ve made a prominent mark on a good proportion of society.

So to this I ask you, my positive friend, what are YOU doing to make a difference in the world? Are you going to sit, looking through those rose colored glasses, peer out over the open span of your window and watch as the suffering continues and pretend that there is nothing that YOU can do?
Always remember, even the smallest of ants…joined together with his friends…can move that rubber tree plant!


Galatians 4:[20] I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

No comments: