Sunday, September 14, 2008

Poetry Sunday!


The Secret Garden


Bellflower bluebells basks in the meadow.

Thorny thistles lie in the ghetto.

Dancing dandelions run in the field.

Wilting wallflower sanity's shield.


Irreverent iris' play in the soil.

Wacky weeds burst without toil.

Victorious violets vie for attention.

Wanton will weakens perception.


Lilting lilies leap from the earth.

Doting daisies demand rebirth.

Panicky pansies parallel pleasure.

Lust is lost amid the treasure.


Rambling roses the trellis awaits.

A graceful gardenia gallantly gaits.

Towering tulips taunt the path.

Inner search sweltering wrath.


Ornate orchids ogle the sun.

Perpetual petunias pause for fun.

Dainty daffodils dally in the garden.

Fallacy feigns my heart to harden.


Lovely lotus lavishly stands.

Brilliantly borne of my own hands.

Intricately intimate my mind can create.

Bellowing blossoms in a garden of hate.


Behold the beauty of which I told.

Hidden meaning the garden does hold.

For every drop of rain that pours.

Poison purity; the choice is yours.



copyright © Joni Zipp


For Sweet Susan! She is one of the beautiful flowers in my garden, always there when I need her. Thank you Susan! ~~ Joni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me? Do I deserve such a beautiful poem? If you say so, okay! =D
Can I be the sunflower in your garden as I didn't see any?

Joni, The Secret Garden is beautiful and also beautiful the note for me. Thanks a lot.
But hey girl, you're there for me too!

Hugs,
-Susan