Sunday, October 05, 2008

Poetry Sunday ~ O Soul of Mine

 

O Soul of Mine
All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

O fretful soul of mine that grieves,
is it thou that freely leaves?
Lost amid the fruitful wine,
fleshing over such fragrant vine.


Wilt thou remain a mystery?
True divine I never see?
Or wilt thou rain on me with blessing,
teach me yet another lesson?


Scouring through the murky mire;
passion snared for earthly desire.
O valiant cross that I must bear,
my heart entwines in thy snare.


O earthly soul for all I gave
dwells within a darkened cave.
Allow thy raiment of purity,
seep in through my elegy.


Permit thy light to shine on me,
O soul of mine I thrive on thee.
Bequeath me with thy shield of glory.
Release from me this inner fury.

All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful!

granny