Sunday, February 22, 2009

Poetry Sunday~The Multitudes Shall Eat~

Matthew 21:9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Matt.14: 14-21

“The Multitudes Shall Eat”

Wayward legs they followed Him,
into the desert they strode.
Not for care of food to eat;
the pace was surely slowed.

Compassion for the multitude
He raised a hand to speak.
“Feed the hungry as they come
for all the ones that seek.”

Five loaves of bread to feed the many,
two fish to fill the crowd.
Gathered were the faithful,
now sitting all heads bowed.

“Bless this bread, I give to thee,”
He broke the loaves in two.
Dispersed to his disciples,
with divinity it grew.

“Fill not only with food you eat,
but also with my Word.
Remember My Father blesses thee,
with all that you have heard.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh very, very nice.

This is a perfect way to enter the season of lent.

Thanks Joni. I finally got my medicine to keep me going through the week.

Raven

joni said...

Whew! I knew you needed your fix so I posted as soon as I could! :-)

Glad you liked it. :-)

Come back frequently! lol

joni

Anonymous said...

Funny thing, getting back online just at the start of Lent (come to think of it, it isn't: traditionally here, it's also the end of summer holidays). So your poem is most appropriate and inspiring -- as always, and thank you Joni!

Q

joni said...

Welcome back to the world of virtual reality Q! :-)

I'm glad you liked and were inspired by my poem, I knew you would! That's why I left it up there. :-)

Glad to see,er um, read you once again!

Joni