Saturday, June 06, 2009

Quotation Saturday

For you to enjoy and deep thoughts~~

If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.
~ Emile Zola

I can’t help but to write, I have an inner need for it. If I’m not in the middle of some literary project, I’m utterly lost, unhappy and distressed. As soon as I get started, I calm down.
~ Kaari Utrio

My purpose is to entertain myself first and other people secondly.
~ John D. MacDonald
Writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted.
~ Jules Renard

The only reason for being a professional writer is that you just can't help it.
~ Leo Rosten

There is more pleasure to building castles in the air than on the ground.
~ Edward Gibbon

Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will certainly misunderstand them.
~~ John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

“Detail makes the difference between boring and terrific writing. Its the difference between a pencil sketch and a lush oil painting. As a writer, words are your paint. Use all the colors.”
~~ Rhys Alexander Writing Gooder, 12-09-05

1 comment:

Raven said...

"Detail makes the difference between boring and terrific writing. Its the difference between a pencil sketch and a lush oil painting. As a writer, words are your paint. Use all the colors.”
~~ Rhys Alexander Writing Gooder, 12-09-05

Oops, now I will have to remember that detail, properly balanced and carefully chosen, it the goal, not excessive description.

lol,

Raven