Saturday, August 08, 2009

Quotation Saturday


But virtue, as it never will be moved,
Though lewdness court it in a shape of heaven,
So lust, though to a radiant angel linked,
Will sate itself in a celestial bed
And prey on garbage.
~William Shakespeare

On books:

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
~ Groucho Marx

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
~ Walt Disney

"Everything you need for your better future and success has already been written. And guess what? It's all available."
~ Jim Rohn

"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read."
~ Abraham Lincoln


On Writing:

If you read good books, when you write, good books will come out of you.
~ Natalie Goldberg

Writing a novel is like heading out over the open sea in a small boat. It helps, if you have a plan and a course laid out.
~ John Gardner

The ideal view for daily writing, hour for hour, is the blank brick wall of a cold-storage warehouse. Failing this, a stretch of sky will do, cloudless if possible.
~ Edna Ferber

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
~ G. K. Chesterton

On Me:

There will never be another now -
I'll make the most of today.
There will never be another me -
I'll make the most of myself.
~ Helen Keller

Don't take life so serious. It ain't no-hows permanent.
~ Walt Kelly

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
~ Isaac Asimov

No comments: