Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quotation Saturday


Publishing a volume of poetry today is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo.
~Don Marquis

"Many people may listen, but few people actually hear."
~ Harvey Mackay

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.
~Joan Didion

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
~Cyril Connolly

There are three difficulties in authorship: to write anything worth publishing, to find honest men to publish it - and to get sensible men to read it.
~Charles Caleb Cotton

I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago.
~Edgar Allen Poe

No comments: