Thursday, October 22, 2009

Salvation

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,


I like to think myself intuitive with a 95% positive rate. So when I dreamed last night that today’s blog would be about Salvation, I took the cosmos up on its request.


When I look up the word salvation here is what I get:
salvation-
1. the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc.
2. a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.
3. Theology: deliverance from the power and penalty of sin; redemption.

I like number three the most, but that is only because I am a Born-again Christian. But when I look at salvation from other religions I find that many believe in salvation, not necessarily the God granting redemption of ones sins, but through suffering, reincarnation or meditation. I won’t sit in judgment of these faiths as I journey through life. I find it quite enlightening that throughout the ages no matter what humans endure, we all seek salvation at one point in our lives.

Through my writing, I am acting as a relay person to protect you from harm, risk, loss or destruction. I don’t want you to risk losing all that you’ve learned so all of my posts are archived. I am a writer helping other writer’s to be the very best they can be whether it is in their writing or in their daily lives that they muddle through.

Sometimes we get confused with where to go, what to be in life, but often times we have a guiding hand in there tweaking us as we go along to choose the right or wrong path. Maybe salvation means being saved. Interesting concept either way.

“His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:7

Acts 13:26 says, Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

II Timothy 3: 15 says, And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I Peter 1:5 states, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I’m not pushing my faith on any one of you. You are all your own individual human beings whom lay down their lives for something. As we near the end times, I’m sure you think of mortality more and more. Do you think of being in the ground six feet under with worms crawling over you? Do you think you just go to sleep eternally?

Whatever it is you think, before you leave this earth, your last thought will more than likely be either “I’m afraid to die,” or “I’m saved, Lord take me home.”

Salvation, the deliverance from the penalty of sin.

Okay the weird and quirky lecture is over. May you all listen to your instincts as you go through life, maybe, just maybe, you might hear the word of the one that you worship in your faith.

Praise be...godspeed

3 comments:

Steven said...

Quirky perhaps, but you're still my li'l butterstick. :*

Ro said...

JayNoi,

Thank you.

I am grateful I can read about your faith without feeling judged. I am grateful that you post about your faith from a place of love and not from a place of preaching, and making others feel as though they are wrong if they don't believe the same.

A few months ago, I was talking with my "spiritual advisor" who is Catholic, and she was trying to understand what my belief is. Knowing she was Catholic, I instantly thought she was trying to find out what I believed, so she could tell me I was wrong, that I was going to hell, that i better change my ways.

She laughed when I told her this. She said she merely wanted to know my God. She asked me why I pulled a face when I said Catholic. I explained that I've had so many bad experiences with religion, people of different faiths condemning me for either my beliefs, or my old lack of belief.

For a long time, this sort of thing kept me from seeking.

She pointed out to me that as long as I'm seeking, that is all that matters. And she said that Catholics took a bunch of stuff from different religions and made it their own, and essentially that is what I'm doing.

She told me I have contempt prior to investigation when it comes to religion, and who knows what I might be missing by doing this.

So I've opened my mind and now actually listen when people of other faiths talk about their religions. I only tune out when they tell me I am wrong.

My salvation is my seeking. My salvation is my belief, my utter and complete trust and faith in my God.

I just wanted to thank you for sharing in a way that is not threatening to those of us who are not of the same belief system.

I hope to always seek. Because if I am seeking God, then God is always with me.

joni said...

R,
I would never ever judge. I was born and raised Catholic,my brother is a Buddhist, and my parents still do not understand that I converted to Christianity when I was 14!
In my studies of the many philosophies,religions,and faith it only made me respect and understand the human being more.
As long as we seek and as long as we find love at the end of the tunnel, I still see us all winding up in the same place. *smile*
Thank you for saying this wasn't preachy, I would never want to do that either. I just like sharing.

*big hugs* R,
Jnoi