Thursday, December 31, 2009

Writing Wrap-up

Luke 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.


This is the year in review:
Have you ever heard the saying, “Comes in like a lion goes out like a lamb?” I know they say it for the month of March, but that has been my year. It came in like a roaring lion and went out like a gentle lamb.

January found us struggling with the state of Texas for some kind of assistance for the blind. Allow me to be the first to tell you that Texas caters to the healthy and wealthy and NOT the poor and down-trodden.

By the month of April we knew that Texas was no longer the affordable place for us, so with the help of family back in Nebraska, we packed up and moved up a few states. Now let me also say that Nebraska’s health department is efficient, quick, and caring! As are the people. There’s a whole different breed of people up here that I’ve never experienced in Baltimore or Texas!

Come summertime, which was extremely more comfy than Texas, found us surrounded by family and friends. We got most of the help we needed, from the state and Commission for the Blind, and all of the love and support we needed from the family. Summer sped by like a lightning bolt! Now you see it, now you don’t!

September found us scurrying about getting ready for the festive holiday’s which we knew were right around the corner. My writing had taken a back seat to the year of activity. A post here, another there but I maintained my blog and tried to give you all a little of what my life was like and as faithful friends who stand by me, I deeply appreciate your caring love and presence!

November found us with a lot of family events. Too many visits to mention and before you knew it Christmas and the New Year were staring us right in the face! Snow fell and more snow fell. Coming from six years in Texas where we seen nary a flurry, in Nebraska on Christmas day, we were struck by a blizzard that kept us safe at home.

My fiancĂ© went through the holidays with his music, since he is still blind and we await the promising news that this is only temporary and he will soon get the operation he needs to see again. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time and we’ll be fine.

The lamb I refer to is the calm serene Christmas week where we shared each others company, his family had gatherings, we visited the eye doctor, and then the New Year will be rung in this evening showering us with blessings for the New Year!

On a sad note...I lost a dear friend at Writer’s Village University this year. Miss Connie will always be in my heart. She had a way of making me feel special! I had no family of my own (meaning blood relatives) supporting me and these virtual people have become blessings in a grand scheme of things!

So to you all, I wish the Lamb to lie with you as you bring in this New Year and that blessings fall on you like sugar from the sky making this next year sweet to the taste. Be blessed in knowing that He loves you and that you will NEVER be alone!

John 1: 29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

3 comments:

Steven said...

gOD HAS A LOT OF GOOD THINGS IN STORE FOR US, MAYBE THIS YEAR, MAYBE NEXT, BUT THEY WILL COME. hAPPY nEW yEAR BABY!

Ro said...

I'm about to write a post even though I'm not really in the mood lol. I'm going to say for sure that I'm so happy to be embarking on the new year with all my new blogger friends. So when I say that, you two will know I'm including you :)

joni said...

Stormcrow...I LOVE YOU! No matter what the new year brings we'll face it head on and overcome it! We have the Lord on our side and who better to face the New Year with? :-)


Ro, you blog away sweetie! We'll be here to read. If not me,him, or visa versa! It looks like we're all on this journey together! :-)
You're a great blogger friend too! *big smile*

J