Saturday, February 06, 2010

Quotation Saturday

Words cut like a knife across your heart; you either bleed...or smile.~joni


Humanity can be quite cold to those whose eyes see the world differently.
~Eric A. Burns, Gossamer Commons, 08-24-05

I started concentrating so hard on my vision that I lost sight.
~Robin Green, Northern Exposure, Burning Down the House, 1992

All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire.
~Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

You cannot have a proud and chivalrous spirit if your conduct is mean and paltry; for whatever a man's actions are, such must be his spirit.
~Demosthenes (384 BC - 322 BC), Third Olynthiac

I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts.
~John Locke (1632 - 1704)

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
~Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
~King Whitney Jr.

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. ~Andy Warhol (1928 - 1987), The Philosophy of Andy Warhol

If you want changes to take place in the world, start with the man in the mirror.
~joni and MJ

3 comments:

Steven said...

Some good quotes, I like the Eric A Burns one.

June said...

My favorite:
If you want changes to take place in the world, start with the man in the mirror.
~joni and MJ

Oh, so very true! And it's not about changing others -- once I change ME, others will see the "changed" me by my actions and my new being...and hopefully, they will be changed/want to change by my actions and my words, this new ME.

:)

Sorry for rammbling...but you inspired me!

Best wishes!
June

joni said...

I always wanted to collaborate with Michael Jackson. If only he knew.
Well I imagine he does. :-)

I'm glad I inspire inspiration! Woohoo! And you picked MY quote! Another Woohoo! lol

Good thing I live this quote, eh? ;-)

Have a blessed day,

Joni