Sunday, November 14, 2010

Poetry Sunday ~ Oh Heavenly Father

Pss.33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have
trusted in his holy name.
***

Oh Heavenly Father

(c) Joni Zipp

My burdens heavy
I walk alone,
I can only do
what I am shown.

Oh heavenly Father carry me
help me Lord to understand thee.

Though my life
has me blind
I always seek
but never find.

Oh heavenly Father set me free
from the pain of reality.

I do not question
this wonderful task
I can not hide
behind a mask.

Oh heavenly Father now I see
You have a special plan for me.


All rights reserved: copyright © Joni  Zipp

3 comments:

Raven said...

Joni,

This is an especially nice one. Love it. I'm glad I stopped in to read. I've been so distracted that I've fallen off my schedule. Getting back on, starting with your blog.


Nice going,

Ravenne

Becky Andrews said...

Beautiful.

joni said...

Thanks ladies,
This is one of those poems that just flowed right out from the keyboard and onto my document.

Little revision, meaning, it was divine? :)

Thanks again!