Saturday, December 04, 2010

Quotation Saturday

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
***
WORDS

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
-- Mother Teresa

"Vocabulary enables us to interpret and to express. If you have a limited vocabulary, you will also have a limited vision and a limited future."
-- Jim Rohn

"It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn." --- Robert Southey

"Refuse to criticize, condemn, or complain. Instead, think and talk only about the things you really want."
-- Brian Tracy

You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.
--Seth Parker


I have no desire to move mountains, construct monuments, or leave behind in my wake material evidence of my existence. But in the final recollection, if the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart...then in living--I have made my mark.
--Thomas L. Odem, Jr.


WISDOM

"The most important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one's work seriously and taking one's self seriously. The first is imperative, and the second disastrous."
-- Margaret Fontey

"A person dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better, wiser."
-- Emmet Fox

"Wisdom is the lesson learned, applied."
-- Rick Beneteau

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-- Plato

GRATITUDE

"Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving."
--Kahlil Gibran

"Giving thanks for abundance is sweeter than the abundance itself..."
--Rumi

"I thank God for my handicaps for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God."
--Helen Keller

"Real life isn't always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties."
--Sara Ban Breathnach

No comments: