Sunday, January 02, 2011

Poetry Sunday~ Cimmerian Morn

2 Sam. 22: 29 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
***

Cimmerian Morn
***
A cloud descends
like a brick of gold
a new year begins
memories unfold.

Snow it glistens
steadily falling
no sounds to hear
but my heart calling.

Goodbye pain
so long to sorrow
may intimacy fill
my longing tomorrow.

The winds strong gust
it steals my heart
loneliness holds
a poisonous dart.

Fate will lay
its palm on me
carried off
by destiny.

The Lord will fill
my veins with bliss
Ascend my soul
to happiness!

3 comments:

Steven said...

Very vivid images. Well done!

June said...

Love how you mingled in images of the old with the new....Awesome!

joni said...

Like the new fallen snow, I'm hoping my life begins to glisten, footprintless. :)

Thanks June!