Sunday, May 08, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ Happy Mothers Day ~

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!


What Is A Mother
(c) Joni Zipp
***
A mother is God’s way of saying
That He’s with you all the way
He put her here in His place
So you would never be led astray

She watches over and protects you
In any manner that she sees fit.
She brings you up to be a good person,
Yet she spoils you a little bit.

Once you’ve left home she’s still there
As God would want her to be
A mother goes on with her own life
Yet she always has room for me.

God created a beautiful thing
When He created a Mother
Especially the one he blessed me with
Who could be replaced by no other.

~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~

A Gift

(c) Joni Zipp
***
I may not be home this Mother’s day.
But my thoughts are there in every way.
My mind it thinks of  many yers past.
Memories I hold that eternally last.

I try not to think of why I’m not there.
It doesn’t mean that I don’t care.
It means that life for me has changed.
Little things grand, they’ve all re-arranged.

I think of the words spoken by my mother.
“To care for your mate, like there is no other”
I chose my son and a wonderful man.
As God has molded His master plan.

I cannot live a life of regret.
I need to be strong but never forget.
That my heart and soul may always roam.
But not always wind up there at home.

I know I long to be by your side,
To be your strength, to be your guide.
But now I see by being away.
The Lord has plans for me this day.

He wants us all to boldly see.
That strength is found in the Trinity.
The Father to mold and shape your life.
The Son who carries all of our strife.

The Holy Spirit to nourish the soul.
With all these things, you now feel whole.
Never let sorrow tarnish your heart.
Remember the love that He'd impart.
 
All rights reserved: copyright © joni  zipp

4 comments:

Von said...

Happy Mother's Day Joni!! Thanks for all the mothering you give to all the people around you. You've made me feel less alone in life. You've helped me grow as a person. ((hugs))

Your second poem made me cry. I want to be strong like that, but I'm not. Today, I just want to blink my eyes and be at my mother's side. If I could, I'd blink you to your mother's side too. :)

I hope you have a wonderful day.

joni said...

Awww ((((hugs Von the SUPERmom))) :)
Thank you!!! :)

I'm glad SOMEone commented, I was beginning to think the poems had no impact.

I tell my mother that I always go for the tear factor when writing these, that's when I know my job has been complete. :)

You have a GREAT mothers day and know, your mom is looking down with pride at the mother and woman you've become.

Have a blessed day!!!

((((big ginormous hugs))))

mithun said...

Happy Mother's day!
Wow! What a nice poem! Thanks lot for the poem.

Online bangla books

joni said...

Thank you Mithun.

I don't normally allow links in my blog comments but since yours is about books, I've made an exception.

This time only. :)