Sunday, August 07, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ Alone ~

Numbers 11:14 I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me.
***
ALONE
***
Alone
in the corners of my mind
I scurry to find
no one there
who gives a care.

Alone
in the crook of his arm
there is no harm
He sets me free
while holding me.

Alone
with nary a friend
at the very end
no one true
who really knew.

Alone
in my walk
allowed to sulk.
I saw pretense
how immense.

Alone
with all my thought
a wish for naught.
Take me home
for my soul to roam.

Alone
with a glorious Light
that scares the night.
I will not fear
because He is here.

Deut. 32:12 So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

4 comments:

benning said...

A poem of Promise, but so much loneliness, as well. Well done, Joni! :D

joni said...

That's what happens when you're 'different' from everyone else.

Steven said...

Sounds lonely.

joni said...

It's only lonely BEFORE the weekly service! :)