Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quotation Saturday

HONESTY
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger. 

~Tad Williams

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. ~Mark Twain
 

Those who think it is permissible to tell white lies soon grow color-blind. 
~Austin O'Malley

The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted. ~Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

TRUTH
God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please - you can never have both. 

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I never dreamed of being Shakespeare or Goethe, and I never expected to hold the great mirror of truth up before the world; I dreamed only of being a little pocket mirror, the sort that a woman can carry in her purse; one that reflects small blemishes, and some great beauties, when held close enough to the heart. 

~Peter Altenberg

Without faith there is no truth, for that is all the truth is or ever was. 

~Robert Brault
 

It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth. 
~Oscar Wilde

MORALITY
Morality is a private and costly luxury. 

~Henry B. Adams

It is with flowers, as with moral qualities: the bright-coloured are sometimes poisonous; but, I believe, never the sweet-smelling. 

~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare
 

The Seven Deadly Sins are a litany of victimless crimes, compiled to distract attention from the bloody felonies of the righteous. 
~Robert Brault
 

Children lack morality, but they also lack fake morality. 
~Mignon McLaughlin

TRUST
 

I think we may safely trust a good deal more than we do. ~Henry David Thoreau
 

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you trust enough. ~Frank Crane
Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him. 

~Booker T. Washington

I trust everyone. I just don't trust the devil inside them. 

~Troy Kennedy-Martin

In my life, I have trusted many, only to be let down. I am NOT always morally correct, which is a real bummer. But I know the TRUTH of MY God and will carry Him with me until we meet. ~joni zipp

2 comments:

benning said...

"In my life, I have trusted many, only to be let down. I am NOT always morally correct, which is a real bummer. But I know the TRUTH of MY God and will carry Him with me until we meet." ~ joni zipp

I think I like this one best. :)

joni said...

I do too! :)