Thursday, October 13, 2011

Prologue to the Journey ~ Part II

Pss. 33:20 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
***
The wait did not roll like waves on a shore. The wait was like pulling gum off the bottom of a shoe. Many ask where we got our strength from and I can speak for myself, it came from God himself.
 

Every morning I’d wake and praise God, and I was always told to wait, patiently. That is the part a lot of folks have trouble with because we live in a world that is consumed with having everything they want when they want it. Patience has been tossed in the winds of Autumn when it comes to waiting. Me, I just prayed, listened and humbled myself to whatever the Lord placed in my lap each day.
 

I sit in the eerie position of the observer. Watching people go on in life as if nothing is happening and sitting here in my world knowing everything has happened. I feel like Moses must have felt when he came down the mountain after witnessing the burning bush. We see images of a television show that Moses’ mouth hung open and his hair had grayed over and his face held a new light.
 

This is exactly how I feel. As if I’ve seen God’s face, yet I’m still left here on earth to watch the people return to their misguided ways, without ever realizing God is standing right beside them every single step of their day. Every thought you think, He knows it. Can I ask? Are you proud of what your thoughts are?
 

The miracle of sight. You might say, “But it was the doctor,” or “It was technology,” but I am here to tell you after living through the two years of having Steven not seeing and waiting patiently on the Lord, as a living testament before me, it was not the doctor, or technology, it was the hand of God guiding every person, every prayer, every thought, to the outcome of a miracle.
 

Two years ago we ‘tried’ to get this operation, but because it was not God’s timing, it was not successful around any turn we made. I watched as people became disappointed in the prayers not being answered, saddened, impatient, almost to the point of giving up.
 

I had to be strong. My faith is everything to me, and from experience, I know that waiting is never easy and sometimes we feel like God has forgotten us and our prayers but it is in those times that he is with us the most. He’s hugging your patience, cradling your perseverance, rejoicing in your faith. And in those moments, God is preparing for you a miracle that will solidify your love for Him.
 

To you I say... Praise the Lord...for it is time.

Ps. 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
[9] For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
[34] Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

2 comments:

benning said...

Psaln 25:5 ~ "Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You [are] the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day."

*Hugs!*

joni said...

Thanks Ben! :)