Saturday, December 17, 2011

Quotation Saturday ~ I hold no shame!

Luke 11:41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

I hold no shame in asking for help.
 

When you see someone fall into icy water, do you keep walking? Or do you help?
 

When you see a car broken down and a woman out in the cold trying to change the tire, do you keep driving? Or offer assistance?

Acts 3:10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

Are you the kind of person that gives to receive or gives unknowingly, knowing that you have had one small measure of assistance in the aid of the ill?

Acts 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Do you attend church so that all the people will look at you, and think “What a good person she/he is? Or do you attend church to praise His name and all the mercy that He and He alone has given you?
 

What has God done for you, that you only wish you could return the favor?
 

Acts 10:4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

At Christmas, as you gather for your feast, will you remember the the ones without? Or will you rejoice in all you have?
 

Matt.13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
 

When you hear of my passing, will then, you sit up and say, “I should have helped.” Or will you go on and feel good, knowing you did all you could?

Matt. 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
 
When someone, in their hour of desperation cries out for help, do you aid, or ignore?

Matt. 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

I will end my days knowing I helped everyone I humanly (and not so humanly) I possibly could. I will rise knowing I am wrapped in the arms of my heavenly Father. I will hold my head high, knowing I begged for mercy.

I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. ~Frederick Douglass

Self-respect cannot be hunted. It cannot be purchased. It is never for sale. It cannot be fabricated out of public relations. It comes to us when we are alone, in quiet moments, in quiet places, when we suddenly realize that, knowing the good, we have done it; knowing the beautiful, we have served it; knowing the truth we have spoken it. ~Whitney Griswold

sadly, John 12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

In ending... I say  Heb.13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

AMEN! God Bless one and all...

2 comments:

benning said...

"Self-respect cannot be hunted. It cannot be purchased. It is never for sale. It cannot be fabricated out of public relations. It comes to us when we are alone, in quiet moments, in quiet places, when we suddenly realize that, knowing the good, we have done it; knowing the beautiful, we have served it; knowing the truth we have spoken it." ~ Whitney Griswold

So many think self-respect is something owed TO them simply because they exist. :(

Excellent post, Ma'am! :D

Donna Sundblad said...

Some good reminders for reflection. I've just finished reading James and am reminded that faith without works is dead. What do acts like passing by a woman whose car is broken down show? Yep...thought provoking. Well done.