Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quotation Saturday



TEAM WORK

One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but team work dynamites.
~Jin Kwon

Teamwork is the ability to work as a group toward a common vision, even if that vision becomes extremely blurry.
~Author Unknown
 

Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. ~Vince Lombardi
A single leaf working alone provides no shade. ~Chuck Page

RELATIONSHIPS

Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.
~Swedish Proverb

For lack of an occasional expression of love, a relationship strong at the seams can wear thin in the middle.
~Robert Brault
 

Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.
~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859
 

Sticks and stones are hard on bones
Aimed with angry art,
Words can sting like anything
But silence breaks the heart.
~Phyllis McGinley, "Ballade of Lost Objects," 1954

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
~Marcel Proust
 

To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.
~Doménico Cieri Estrada

VALENTINE’S DAY

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
~Author Unknown

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.
~William Shakespeare

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. 

~Natalie Clifford Barney


A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.
~Latin Proverb
 

Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main,
And threading the eye of a yellow star: -
So many times do I love again.
~Thomas Lovell Beddoes

“To the love of my life, I will be a priority, not a footnote. I will be his morning breath and his last thought. I will come first, and not as a second thought. The love of my life will see me as rain in a drought, food when hungry, sunshine through clouds and I will be his passion. One day I will be that to someone, and they will be all that and more, to me” Joni

No comments: