Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hard Pressed ~ Happy Spring!


Prov. 7:19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
***
Well I said you’d be ‘hard pressed’ to get any personal info out of me, well here is that light glimmer of a moment, hard pressed.

I wanted to let you all know where I’ve been, just in case you’ve missed my daily posts on writing. I have some coming up but my days and nights are just full of thoughts and things that need to get done, places to go, people to see, and writing (shame on me) is way back there, hiding in the shadows.

It all began on March 8th when beau went in for an eye doctor checkup. He was seeing him once a month after his cornea transplant surgery and all was healing well by January so the doc said, “I’ll see you in March.” Boy have we ever! March 8th came and we found out there is an infection! He’d see us in Omaha on the 12th.

Yay, an Omaha trip takes us on an eight hour journey. Four to get to Omaha, and four hours to get home, and with all my back problems, I was not looking forward to it, but it was a necessity that needed to be taken care of. On the twelfth, we made it to Omaha in three hours, but we missed the Doctor by a half an hour and was sent on to Council Bluffs Iowa, twenty minutes up the road from where we were in Omaha. (I didn’t know Iowa was so close.) Another trip was scheduled for the fourteenth and I knew the sixteenth was going to be in there too, and it was.

I drove on the fourteenth, arriving on time this time, but we were sent to a pharmacy there to get new eye-drops which took us off course for another hour and we made it home by five that day. No change in the infection and it appeared a new one had popped up! By the time I got home I was sore, and felt I had aged 20 years.

Friday I could not go. I was in too much pain, so his mom took him. They left at 6:30, arrived home at 3:30, after again being sent to a pharmacy. The hospital pharmacy, to their surprise, had some of those Celtic River-dancer's there, so at least they were entertained while waiting for the prescription. Another appointment was set for Monday.

Monday the nineteenth, I drove, through wind and some pretty heavy rain! We left 7:20 and were back home by 3:40. A new record for me. The one infection had cleared but the other remained.  And an appointment for the 22nd was made.

Ironically on Monday of this week, the rain was pretty heavy as we neared our stopping point for our half-leg of the journey. The traffic had slowed to a mere 55 in a 75 mph zone, the rain was so heavy, beating on the roof and windows like mad drops seeking shelter! I pulled off seeking a break and food! But as we got back onto the road, the rain had come to a drizzle and not far was a car off to my right with a man standing out there. There was another car, whose side was smashed in, off to the left in the grass, almost facing us. No police on the scene yet, which meant to me, ‘fresh accident.’ It also meant, *I* was protected once again by God! People do not like to slow down for the heavy rain and many had passed me up as I tried in vain to hit sixty.

I take my time, drive safely and let all the speed-demons pass me up to get where they are going to, in such a hurry, that they’d risk their life and limb for. I mean seriously, is ANY place that important to get to? The appointment on the twenty second was rescheduled because doc has emergency surgery, which makes me wonder, ‘what was God protecting me from this time?’

My birthday will be spent on the road drinking in all the beauty this breathtaking Nebraska has to offer. I’ll take my time, enjoy the view, and Thank the good Lord for this journey!
Rom. 1:10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

2 comments:

M. SUE said...

There are those who would say you were "lucky." I see that you used the God-given gift of free choice to drive more carefully. As a result you were aware not only that you received His protection, but also were blessed with another reminder of His activity in your daily life.
He does like these "Thank You" moments from you!
Sending smiles ~ Auntie Sue

joni said...

How could we call ourselves Christian if we didn't thank Him for every gracious moment of the day that He gives us? :D

Thanks Auntie Sue for dropping by! You're the best!!! *big hugs*