Saturday, July 14, 2012

Quotation Saturday


TRUST

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you trust enough.
~Frank Crane


I trust everyone. I just don't trust the devil inside them.
~Troy Kennedy-Martin


People ask me why it's so hard to trust people,
and I ask them why is it so hard to keep a promise?
~author unknown


I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you”
~Friedrich Nietzesche


Trust is like a river. Sometimes you can go with the flow. At other times it drives you downstream at full force, spitting you out on the shore!
~ Joni Zipp


TRUTH

God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please - you can never have both.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I never dreamed of being Shakespeare or Goethe, and I never expected to hold the great mirror of truth up before the world; I dreamed only of being a little pocket mirror, the sort that a woman can carry in her purse; one that reflects small blemishes, and some great beauties, when held close enough to the heart.
~Peter Altenberg

Truth is the breath of life to human society. It is the food of the immortal spirit. Yet a single word of it may kill a man as suddenly as a drop of prussic acid.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Truth is hard for some people because it shows an inner vein they don’t want exposed to the light.
~ Joni Zipp


HONESTY
A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.
~William Blake


Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain't lawful tender for a loaf of bread.
~Josh Billings


I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.
~John Gotti

Worse than telling a lie is spending the rest of your life staying true to a lie.
~Robert Brault


Honesty is like a warm blanket wrapped around your body, layer it with a lie and it becomes a blanket of thorns to your skin.
~ Joni Zipp

LOVE

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. ~Natalie Clifford Barney

Take away love and our earth is a tomb.
~Robert Browning

Love is the fire in the soul that burns for eternity. Allowing the flame to go out is certain death.
~ Joni Zipp

No comments: