Saturday, February 02, 2013

Quotation Saturday

SPORTS
(in lieu of Super Bowl Sunday)


“Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is.”
― Vince Lombardi Jr

“If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.”
― Erma Bombeck

“I later discovered that in order to be a good athlete one must care intensely what is happening with a ball, even if one doesn't have possession of it. This was ultimately my failure: my inability to work up a passion for the location of balls.”
― Haven Kimmel, Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Mooreland, Indiana

Vince Lombardi Jr.
“football is like life - it requires perserverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.”
― Vince Lombardi Jr.

“Guys care about sports teams. I'm not talking about simply rooting; I'm talking about a relationship that guys develop, a commitment to a sport team that guys take way more seriously than, for example, wedding vows.”
― Dave Barry


SUNDAY


“A sabbath well spent,
Brings a week of content,
And strength for the toils of the morrow;
But a sabbath profaned,
Whate’er may be gained,
Is a certain forerunner of sorrow.”
― Anonymous

“... God is not a Sunday plumber - he's always available...”
― John Geddes, A Familiar Rain

“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“... millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”
― Susan Ertz

MEN

“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.”
― Anaïs Nin

“Why are women... so much more interesting to men than men are to women?”
― Virginia Woolf

“Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.”
― Gillian Anderson

“No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isn't in submission to God!”
― T.D. Jakes

No comments: