Sunday, June 30, 2013

Poetry Sunday ~ Shine On


Job 33: 30 To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Shine On...

My yesterdays have gone astray
they lurk forever more.
hiding behind the pain inside,
they seek an open door.

My today’s have been quite lovely
whenever I praise His name.
nothing can hold me captive;
through Him I’m not the same.

My tomorrows will be brighter
more days of sun not rain.
it’ll wash away my sorrows
driving off the inner pain.

My past is gone forever
I hold the hidden key.
On a chain around my neck
it’s locked all memory.

The future of mine has promise
as a beacon holds my gaze
I long for life within the realm
where I carry all my days.

The Lord is the comforting arms,
my strength, my shield, my rock.
I may hold the key to my soul
it is HE who made the lock!



2 comments:

Steven said...

Hope for a brighter tomorrow, what living for Christ is all about!

joni said...

Amen!

Finally a visitor! :D