Monday, November 18, 2013

Joni's Muse


Some people choose to spread the darkness in hopes to shed light. Only in spreading Light can darkness be shed!” ~ joni

I feel like I’ve gone and dived into the reflecting pool. It is full of shimmering light, reflections from the Son.

Years ago I started this blog with every intention of helping me become a better writer and helping any writer become educated in the craft. I had felt that this is what God wanted me to do. He gave me the gift, so I felt it necessary to honor Him by helping writers by writing.

Boy was I ever wrong. Recently I’ve had a few God slap moments where God was trying to tell me something, but as a sinner and being human, I was misinterpreting. In hindsight, I apparently have been misinterpreting for years.

As we were driving to church yesterday, I had made a comment about my musically inclined friends. I said, As much as I love music and instruments I wonder why God never gave me the gift of playing an instrument?

*Whack* Slapped upside the head moment booming loud and clear He said, “I gave you the gift of poetry! Poetry IS the instrument you play to the SOUL!”

Rows and rows of harvested corn were fluttering passed my eyes and thoughts of the recent weeks came flooding my mind. What caused me to want to change this blog? What deep within me calling nearly forcibly had me change the entire years of work?

The past few weeks since the change over, I can look at a word or two and be inspired to write a poem. Not just any poem mind you, these poems have a rhythmic flow to them and when I read them I’m stirred inside as if singing praise songs to the Lord.

Also note that when I see words of hate or the bashing of something, it stirs in me hurt and angst! I’ve written many poems on pain and the angst I feel toward my fellow human beings, but seeing people hate this and hate that: “I’m against the Muslims”, “I hate this about the world!”, “I hate the president this and that and the other thing.”

Prov. 10: 29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Do they not realize something? God is the Creator. He created all this to see how we humans would respond! We preach the gospel one minute, then the very next minute spew hatred? Is that not dividing your faith? Turn the other cheek does not mean, turn it to which YOU choose to turn. We must turn the other cheek to all this chaos going on in the world. Be aware of it yes, but hate it? Isn’t that like hating God’s plan for this world and everything He has already planned?

Isa. 47: 11 Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know

That is where my quote came from: Some people choose to spread the darkness in hopes to shed light. Only in spreading Light can darkness be shed!” ~ joni

People feel as though they are shedding light on dark matters, but they are really doing satan’s work and spreading the darkness even further into the psyche. They are hampering God’s plan. God’s plan, evident to ANY and ALL true Christians is this, LOVE! Spread love! Plain and simple but complicated to the blind.

I don’t like that hundreds die because of raging storms. I don’t like that a tsunami can wipe out an entire country and disable it. I don’t like that leaders feel they own the human race but is that going to cause me to spread the darkness with them? I don’t think so.

I think that God gave me a talent, a musical poetic talent. When I think to send my poetry to a publisher, I’m met with the fact that poetry, especially rhyming poetry, is a dying craft. Like a tsunami to the writing world, poetry is being led out to sea.

Heb. 10: 5  Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

God has made it abundantly clear that my gift is to touch people, change people, and help them to find comfort in a darkened world. (The new me), Through poetry and my muse, I am living and am awakened to God’s plan for my life. My soul has been changed these past couple of weeks and through the grace of God, I will share and do what God had intended for me from the very beginning. Your life will be severely altered when it is His will you follow and not your own self-guided self. (The old me)

A dear friend wrote: “ (Joni) I love everything you write. Most times it seems as if God is leading you with a message for me too or a mentoring tip, or something meant for me -- I know your writing is from your heart and God's, but He uses it to touch others too.” ~Tiggs

Amen!


No comments: