Saturday, November 16, 2013

Quotation Saturday


Pss. 100: 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

REFLECTION 
***
I chose REFLECTION because this is the time of the year I reflect on the year that has passed. Reflection is a good way to put things in perspective and get your priorities straight!

“Reflection must be reserved for solitary hours; whenever she was alone, she gave way to it as the greatest relief; and not a day went by without a solitary walk, in which she might indulge in all the delight of unpleasant recollections.”
~ Jane Austen

“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.”
~ Yvonne Woon

“That’s sad. How plastic and artificial life has become. It gets harder and harder to find something…real.” Nin interlocked his fingers, and stretched out his arms. “Real love, real friends, real body parts…”
~ Jess C. Scott, The Other Side of Life

'Instead of possibilities, I have realities in my past, not only the reality of work done and of love loved, but of sufferings bravely suffered. These sufferings are even the things of which I am most proud, although these are things which cannot inspire envy.' "
~From "Logotherapy in a Nutshell", an essay -- Viktor E. Frankl
 
 THANKFUL

I chose thankful because I am thankful hourly, not only daily. Every hour something amazing happens and I have to thank the Lord! With my eyes continually on the Lord, my life is fruitful with many blessings. Yours is too, you just need to see!

The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
~ Henry Ward Beecher

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”
~ Anonymous, Holy Bible: King James Version, Heb. 12:29

“The reality of loving God is loving him like he's a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.”
~ Criss Jami

“This path was not that of my conscious choosing. But after persistent subconscious confrontation, I have finally embraced what is, 'souly' for me...and I am thankful, when called upon, to be able to share and give to those who seek their own way of the path.”
~ T.F. Hodge

MUSE

I chose muse because it is with my muse that I see glorious beauty all around me. It fills me with words I must spill on the page in praise and love of my Lord! I’m thankful my muse spoke up and had me change to the true meaning of my blog – Joni’s Muse.

“There is no place for grief in a house which serves the Muse.”
~ Sappho

“This is the other secret that real artists know and wannabe writers don’t. When we sit down each day and do our work, power concentrates around us. The Muse takes note of our dedication. She approves. We have earned favor in her sight. When we sit down and work, we become like a magnetized rod that attracts iron filings. Ideas come. Insights accrete.”
~ Steven Pressfield

“All of us need to be in touch with a mysterious, tantalizing source of inspiration that teases our sense of wonder and goads us on to life’s next adventure.”
~ Rob Brezsny

“I am thankful my muse allows me time for reflection and wondrous beauty of the world and blessed moments.” ~ Joni Zipp

Col. 3: 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
 
 

No comments: