Saturday, November 23, 2013

Spirit-filled

Pic from the internet

Ex. 35: 31 And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;

Spirit-filled

I rise in the morning
stretch my aching limbs
Thank the Lord for this day
I hum my praising hymns.

Throughout the day I’m spirit-filled
that no one can define
The Holy Spirit in my life
who’s freely yours and mine.

I see them wander here and there
they pick and choose their lot
Forgetting that our Savior
picks and chooses not.

How do you spread darkness
in a world of given Light?
Why spew forth enmity
to feed the dark ones fight?

Their eyes digress from Spirit
to fill the world with hate.
They think they can divide the two;
Hell from Heavens gate.

The two don’t reign together
all choices are free willed.
I choose to spread the Word of Light
For that I’m Spirit-filled!


Pss. 71: 8 Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.

No comments: