Monday, November 25, 2013

The Path



Pss. 16: 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

The Path

The path is one I walk down
throughout the many seasons
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
for many different reasons.

Trees they seem to shiver
sleeping through the cold
As life unveils  mysteries
daring to unfold.

Autumn carries whispers
of prayers through the breeze
I trek through the rubble
with God there I’m at ease

Then with undue warning
the snow sweeps right on in.
Blanketing my frigid soul
to show me where I’ve been.

The New Year thus progresses
to cradle a weary heart
I’ll strive to be the beacon
all Light will I impart.

Bursting blossoms come to life
the entrance of the Spring.
New hope I’ll give to one and all
through messages I bring.

I look back down the winding path
I’ve shared all Light with you
never letting darkness reign
on days you’ve struggled on through.

As the season changes
each one holds its own key.
The path is just a mirror
that I wish the world to see.