Friday, December 13, 2013

Nailed for You

1 Tim 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Nailed for You

My nails they drip with blood
The pain will never end
I feel no one is listening
To messages I send.

The hustle and hurried world
Goes on without a care,
Ranting about the moment
In the media blitz they share.

Gossip crawls along the floor
Then slowly up the wall
Clinging to the idle ones
I slowly watch them fall.

Was death not enough for them
Were miracles a game?
Are blessings things that they seek
On a whim in my name?

While claiming that they look to me
They’re often caught unaware
Of falling in the pit to hell
Crying out that life’s unfair.

A voice was not given you
To babble like a brook.
Life was freely given
So it’s me to whom you look.

Wasted seasons spent
On anger that you spew
Withered moments now all gone;
Away from me you drew.

The time to call is not at death
Embrace me while you’re living.
To each and every one of you
My blood is well worth giving.

Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;



3 comments:

benning said...

I DO look to Him whom WE ALL pierced! And I pray to Him, and for our 'leaders'. But I cannot remain silent to wrongs. :(

HE will repair all things in His good time. And for that I am grateful!

Tiggs said...

Joni,

Again you touch my soul with your poem. As Benning says--I do look to Him--we all have "pierced Him. As much as I would love to only look at the good, I know that we (I) need to look at the wrongs too.

As Christians I believe we need to know what is happening in our world. The hope is to obviously not to repeat the past and to learn from our wrongs and move forward--but because many others don't care--that often doesn't happen happens.

However, even with the wrongs, or disagreements with our government--I know as a Christian I am called to pray for our leaders even when I do not agree with what they may be doing. Sometimes this can be hard to do (I am human)--but I know it must be done--God can use even the wrongs all people do to glorify him.

And as Benning said: "HE will repair all things in His good time. And for that I am grateful!"

joni said...

Thank you both for your heartfelt responses.

God Bless!