Sunday, February 23, 2014

Poetry Sunday ~ The Light of My Soul


Isa. 58: 11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

The Light of my Soul

The rising sun drips in rays
Dancing o’er the morning
I see it glance in my window
Without a wavering warning.

The warmth washes over
Bathing me in light
Immersed in pure beauty
And so sheds the night.

I glimpse to see the beams
Piercing through my soul
My God has awakened me
From the darkness night had stole.

The heated passion carried
For all the world to see
A peek into my window
At God who shines through me.

I bear the light-filled burden
of sharing throughout the day
I pass the torch onto you
To do with it what you may.

Will you spread the seed of hate
To dance with those who glower
Or plant some love in fertile soil
Savoring the stunning flower?

I’ll spray a little sunshine
To the masses that I meet.
Sprinkles of love and laughter
To each one that I greet.

Jas.5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Pet. 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

2 comments:

benning said...

Well! Aren't *WE* a little ray of sunshine? :D

Good start to the day, Ma'am! Shine on! <3

joni said...

I dunno about *WE* but *I* always try to be a ray of sunshine, otherwise I'd have a garden that produced nothing. :)

Thanks Ben! Close your mind for a bit and get some SLEEP!