Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lent: Day Forty: Poetry Sunday ~ Cleansing


Mark 1:44And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Cleansing

I feel a peace wash over me
as snow falls from the sky.
Each flake falls down all around
like my God beginning to cry.

One by one His sorrow mounts
the drifts are formed by wind
Cleansing all my spirit
for that which I have sinned.

He blankets my soul as the fields
in warmth His arms surround.
A little wayward shepherd
who was lost and now is found.

I gather all the wandering sheep
mere shadows in the dark.
A shower of unconditional love,
igniting their inner spark.

A soul absolved of impurities
the snow now turns to rain
Restoring you to innocence
now freed from all your pain.

 

 

No comments: