Thursday, September 11, 2014

I Remember...911


Psalms 27: 1-2 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.


I Remember

I remember like it was yesterday
The sky was solemn firm in gray
Soot it landed on the ground
No planes were heard; nary a sound.

Cars all paused in their ride
Time had stopped the nation died.
Silence covered all the land
Tears were counted like grains of sand.

Imagine hate quieting states
Forks were dropped onto their plates
Terrified by images seen
All seemed lost, nothing to glean.

Out of the ashes there arose
Sounds of life among the woes
Panic tried to break us down
Sorrow lifted from the ground.

Stories of heroes losing their life;
A husband, a child, a working wife.
Set in stone, we grieve, we mourn
But beyond the hate, a child was born.

Amazing how hate breeds hate
While love it opens a heavenly gate.
Out of the fear a nation rose
To show that LOVE has eased the blows.

The end is near; the time is nigh
To put hate aside and learn to fly.
Embrace the world God placed in your heart
There lies the secret of a promising start.
© Joni Zipp

Written this day: Sept 11, 2014

Pss. 27:13-14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

No comments: