Sunday, January 11, 2015

Poetry Sunday ~ Alone Am I

Pss. 102:7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

Alone Am I

Alone am I in the confines of my mind
Left for no one but me to see
Running along in these empty halls
As an echo sounds as sanity calls.

Forsaken am I can anyone bear
The care and love of life
Amnesty airs forgiveness of lies
Solitude speaks silence of eyes.

I dared to go where lightning glared
Its fingertip on my soul
Searing a hole in loneliness cold
Breaking the mold if truth be told.

Seclusion aims an arrow set free
On me it callously claims.
Alone am I in the confines of free
Left for no one but me to see.
 
 
~~ * ~~ * ~~

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

I don't pretend to fully understand how you are feeling, but I have been to this lonely place, and many times still am there.

I wish we could meet and be "physical" friends, I think we would get along well. Many times the life of a Christian secludes us. Just because we choose to rise to the higher standard God has for us.

I don't write like you do--I try :) But I don't have the same passion about it that you do. Probably because of all the struggles I went through in school over writing, I actually hated it before I tried F2K.

Keep praying and feel free to message me if you need to chat.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Tiggs

joni said...

You hit the nail on the head. Life as a Christian isn't all about look at me, whoop-di-do I'm a Christian,
it is definitely a more intense faith-spirit-filled way of living that keeps us at arms length of the whoop-di-do so called Christians.

They have the corner marketed and they seem happy with the mask they show the world. I wear no mask, when I hurt I let the world know.

I will continue to be a faithful servant of Christ and relish all the prayer I feel for me.

Thanks for commenting! It lets me know SOMEONE is alive out there reading me! :)

(((((HUGS))))