Friday, January 08, 2016

The Fog


Pss. 71:1 “In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.”

The heavy fog sneaked in on the sixth of January, a cold eerie evening. Hanging around smothering the atmosphere blinding any visual sight of land out there in the icy frost. The seventh day of January felt like a suffocating mass filled with darkness, fog looming in a mirage of moisture. I only wish that I were exaggerating. 

My day began with the Lord piercing through the mist to allow me to see Him while the demon fog was filled with trying to cloud my mind. The dark one seems to be mounting an army trying to attack the Christ bearers of this world.

The bellows of satan's bowels were unleashed in a comment section of a facebook post that had me immediately praying for the lost soul. 

Kiler wrote: death and suffering have been our constant companions.
I am talking about real suffering
If you can sit around all day and write and play on fake book
If you can type you ARE NOT SUFFERING
I am talking about tripping over dead bodies suffering

I thought for sure that this man must live in war-torn Iraq living in the throes of an ISIS assault but upon further inspection of this man he is from Oregon. It startled me to think that in Oregon, he is tripping over dead bodies? Boy, my writing talent went into overdrive with the possible stories hidden behind this obscured soul.

These comments were targeted at me and you can only imagine what he unleashed on others as he spewed his hatred. His anger filled rant on an innocent beloved author had me reminded of the fog that hung around for most of the day yesterday. This was the culmination of a darkened day.

I was instantly reminded of the reason I steer clear of Facebook and all the antics. As I try to casually visit once a day, I’m always smacked with heinous behavior. No matter how good and precious you are to the Lord, satan is always one step in front as it has been since the beginning of time as he lured Eve away from innocence.

The fog was a pretense to hinder my sight. This morning I rose and while the sun was not shining, the Son had already risen and welcomed me to the oncoming day. I breathed a sigh of relief in knowing I am always welcome in the sight of the Lord. 

I notice the world walking around in a fog, preoccupied with what satan has to offer. A click here, a post there, subliminal thoughts here, a judgment call there all wrapped in a fraudulent ornamental box carried off to the masses.

Invisible to the multitude, ignored by many, passed over by the bountiful and forgotten by the manifold, I am alone in my wanderings, never alone in my wondering and embraced by the Almighty. While this New Year of change surrounds me, my words have become plentiful, my thoughts have been laid bare to the naked eye for all to see, and I’m growing daily, replenished by the Light of the Lord while the sun is shielded by cloud cover. 

As you ride ambiguously in the cusp of the unknown, you seem to be catering to the confusion. When you find yourself veering off the beaten path remind yourself daily that God is not a God of confusion. If you don’t see harmonious love surrounding you wherever you may walk: a store, a park, or possibly your church, or whatever you read or see, ask God for guidance and know that you are not and never will be alone in this world. Don’t allow the fog to veil your soul.

Dan. 9:7 “O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.”

No comments: