Sunday, March 20, 2016

Poetry Sunday ~ Hosanna! Hosanna!

Matt. 28: 19 - 20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Hosanna! Hosanna!
***
He gave life to the dead, cleansed the impure
healed the sick, became all lepers cure.
Fed the hungry, gave sight to the blind,
revealed the innocence of a child’s mind.

If you were thirsty, He gave you to drink,
Washed away sins with nary a blink;
Of His eyes we shined while light was dim
righteousness filled our cup to the brim.

Turn your cheek from the one that maims
seventy times if you burn with flames
Forgive, forget, move on I say
I’m reaching out to show you the way.

Disciples slept while Jesus pleaded
to let him live unless he was needed.
Crying out He returned to die
while all looked on, not batting an eye.

They rejoiced and sang; praised his name
Hosanna! Hosanna! Into town he came.
Fronds of palms were laid at his feet.
All glory to Jesus our Savior we greet.

But lo and behold this man betrayed,
was scourged and beat but never swayed!
“My Father, My Father why have you forgot,
I gave them all that you said they’d have not.”

With one last breath, he gave up the ghost,
shedding blood where man needed it most.
Our sins are forgiven our God came as man
In a wondrous fete, generations will span.

Will we remember the sacrifice made?
Can we ever honor the price that was paid?
Do we respect all things that He taught
our souls are free for sin His death bought.

My Glorious redeemer, Savior and King,
I bow with honor my soul shall sing.

No comments: