Sunday, March 13, 2016

Poetry Sunday ~ Never Fear The End

Pss. 30:12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.


Never Fear the End

I walk the place I fear to go
Where all men one day travel.
The breath of me hangs on to life
While the other threads unravel.

I press my toes in the snow
No fear for the taste of cold
I tiptoe with the brush of frost
My tongue is tipped with gold.

Rays have reached the horizon
Stretched out in welcome prayer.
I slowly walk to greet them
For the end is hidden there.

I’m bathed in a bastion of beauty
Unveiled is the Light within.
I raise my hands in mercy
Washed away is clinging sin.

I remember all the moments
As they pass before my eyes
Warmth and love surround me
I hear it in their cries.

Every tear becomes a puddle
Of this new life I must swim
Sorrow is then converted
Into a glorious hymn.

My body dripped in sunshine
Not yet for you my friend.
I softly whisper for all to hear
The righteous don’t fear the end.


No comments: