Sunday, April 24, 2016

Poetry Sunday ~ One Day I Will Die

Matt. 4:16 “The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.”

~ One Day I Will Die ~

One day I will take my last breath
what will you remember of me?
My intense love of life
My emotional good spirit
or God’s Light that has set me free?

Will you hold my laughter in your hand
Will you see the joy I shared
Am I the girl you’ll always say
“Now there’s a woman who cared”

One day I’ll whisper my last breath
What will I leave behind?
The pureness of heart
A well lit path
For you to try and find?

Will my passion for nature linger
Will my presence always bloom
Am I the one you’ll remember
Who lit an entire room?

One day I’ll breathe my last breath
The memory of me you’ll trade
Will any portion 
Of me remain
Or will my essence fade?

God light the fork before me
So I know which road to take.
Allow them to keep a part of me
That I know I dare not take. 


Matt. 22:5 “But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:”

No comments: