Sunday, September 04, 2016

Poetry Sunday ~ Lil Green Patch

 Ex. 23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
***
Lil Green Patch

Where flowers in a field did prance
the moonglow perches ready to dance,
coyotes howl, the elk they call
on the crux of the rising fall.

Spilling over are leaves on the lawn
silently I await the dawn.
Darkness lingers as frost gives rise
I wipe the stardust from the skies.

Little hearts all take a bow;
shooting stars kiss me somehow.
They reach across the open plain
sprinkle down like falling rain.

Drizzled in an earthly show
something grander is here, I know.
Within my mind, I speak to them 
give a little of all that I am.

An earthly angel they see in flight
to bear to them a heavenly Light.
The heavens open in a fury
to Him I tend to give all glory.

Awakened now from this dream
everything is, as it would seem.
From the pages I dispatch,
the joy I found in a lil green patch.

From Oct. 2010 © Joni Zipp



5 comments:

NurseArtist said...

I've always wondered why they call it Mother Nature when it's our Heavenly Father who did all the work? Beauty is all around us.

joni said...

I like to think Mother Nature was his wife that He had to tend the beauty. :) He was busy taking care of the world! ;)

benning said...

Mother Nature: "A personification of nature as woman, stressing fertility and fecundity. Based upon either goddesses of the earth and nature, Gaia, Rhea &/or Demeter."

As usual, it's just another Pagan-inspired personification. Anything to distance themselves from the God of Heaven. :)

But I did like the commercials! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijVijP-CDVI

joni said...

Mr. Benning,
Thank you for informing my followers as to the nature of mother nature in case they didn't know.

Personally the more and more I look at the pagan world the more and more I like it. I might actually start celebrating Christmas and Easter the way society does. :D Pagans -- they're everywhere. lol

http://www.gotquestions.org/pagan-Christianity.html

benning said...

They sure are!