Thursday, November 03, 2016

Sunrise/Sunset

Sunrise out my front door

Deut. 33:14 “And for the precious fruits brought forth by the sun, and for the precious things put forth by the moon,”

Sunrise and Sunset

I love the warmth of a sunrise as it slowly moves up the horizon and clouds gently part as if they are welcoming the fresh new start of the day. The sunset is similar as the clouds bow down to sun bidding it a farewell until the morning comes around again.

Shoes fascinate some women; some are preoccupied with clothes, while women captivate men, and in my weirdness, I’m riveted by sunrises and sunsets! Since the first time at age ten of sneaking out of the house at four in the morning with my sister and cousin to watch the sunrise, the orb that appeared every morning like clockwork casting shadows across the land, fascinated me.  

Luke 21: 25 “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;”

I’m not as obsessed with the sun and moon as I am with God but they come in a close fourth, the second being the Christ man, the third the spirit. Yes, I believe in the trinity, Father, Son, Holy Spirit but that did not stop my immersion into reading everything I could about astronomy. I worship and praise only ONE God and I don’t give into idol worship.

As a child, I wanted to be an astronomer, an astronaut, an archaeologist or a nun. Well as life happened and the city life tried to swallow me whole, I matured in what was possible within my grasp and that was a life as a writer. Never did my consummation of the cosmos, archaeology or theology stray from me.

We all have a tendency to become obsessed with one thing or another whether it is politics, money, hair, clothes, men or women and my obsession of God is no different. I can never get enough of the Light that shines into my soul then floods out my fingertips in way of words being leaked to people who might read what I have to say.

Since I held my first camera in my hand my next fascination was capturing the sunrise and sunset so I could keep the image alive whenever I needed a pick me up on cloudy days. Yes, believe it or not, the ball of fire was a meditative healing spot for me.



As I think of the Thankful November momentum, I’m thankful for every single day that I wake and have the ability to see the sunrise and am able to bid my God a good morning via prayer. Ironically, in my own little mind I have become all I wanted to be as a child, a closet astronomer, still a wannabe archaeologist, as I love rocks and anything I dig up and find, and am some form of nun in my own aspect, as my life is dedicated to God. What about an astronaut you say, well I fly to the moon every night when I close my eyes so yeah, I’m my own astronaut too. Maybe THAT is why some consider me ‘spacey’. 

Rom. 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

While I strive to soar and not conform to this world. I have hopes that my spiritual family will accompany me one day wherever it is we wind up on the eternal plane. I realize that God brought me to this juncture in my life surrounding me with souls that He knows will meet Him in heaven and at least I’ll have a chance of having SOMEone being on the other side to greet me.

Since the Internet came into my life in 2003 there was never a better day to find many of the answers to my vast amount of questions that couldn’t be answered by leafing through the yellowing pages of life. NASA has visually shown me the cosmos where my love of astronomy flourishes.  National Geographic takes me on an explorer’s expedition and the King James Version of the Bible fills me with the Words that I need to sustain the blood pumping through my veins. 

So all in all the sunrises and sunsets fill my world in a kaleidoscope of color and vibrant life that keeps me feeding words to you via the life in me. Space, the final frontier, this is my mission, to explore the heavens, to seek out new souls and wondrous galaxies, to boldly go where all men will one day strive to be…with God!

All Glory to God!

Isaiah 61:7 (NIV) “Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.”



Sunset out my back door





No comments: