Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Holy Week ~ In His Glory

Luke 23: 34  Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

~ In His Glory ~
(c) Joni Zipp 

I’ll deeply inhale the mornings' breath
walk through the day of your death;
Weep as tears falls from the sky
raise my eyes to ask You why?

Why did you leave us, why let man win
to bury the burden of human sin?
Will we sit idle and watch as you hang
forgetting all the Hosannas we sang?

Will we remember the blood on the cross
as we lust for life forgetting the loss,
can a man walk ‘round with his head held high,
knowing you came if only to die?

Agony washes through my veins
my heart laments for all of your pains.
I don’t pretend as hypocrites do
to immerse in honor every holiday or two.

I walk in the path that is set before me
trying to bathe in all your glory.
You rise to bask in heaven's glow,
and gave to me the right to sow.

I’ll carry your words, I’ll heal my heart
knowing that you will never depart.
Man tries to mask all that you’re seeing
not knowing You’ve leaked into his being!

I drench myself in the beckoning light,
that cradles me through day and night.
I drink from the cup of all your words
that fill my soul like fluttering birds.

My heart weeps red but unlike you
it only seeps my garments through.
Your bloodshed gives to me new birth
a righteous soul unveiled on Earth. 
All rights reserved: © Joni Zipp

Matt.28: 19-20 “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

GodBless you ALL! 

2 comments:

benning said...

Nice! The most fascinating thing, to me, about this week - in Scripture - is that it meant Victory. Victory from the moment He was condemned. Victory as He was scourged. Victory as He was nailed to a cross, as He hung there, and as He died. It's Victory over Satan. And you have to wonder if Satan even realized it. Jesus came to die, be raised, and prepare a place for the Church, and all He called. He HAD to die. And Satan seemed eager to kill Him. But with the death of Christ He won the battle, and wins the war. Praise GOD! :D

joni said...

I don't think Jesus knew what God was up to, either.

Matt. 27: 46 King James Bible
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

God knew what He was doing and that is all that matters!

All praise and Glory to Him! :)