Thursday, November 23, 2017

I'm Thankful

Remember God's bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! ~Henry Ward Beecher ~


I’m thankful….

I’m thankful for that one warm ray,
that shines on me to lighten my day.
I’m thankful for the dewy grass
that tickles my toes as I pass.
I’m thankful for the fragrant air,
that wafts on by without a care.
I’m thankful for the torrents of rain
that soaks my skin; releases my pain.
I’m thankful for the budding flower.
that blooms in glory, a scented shower.
I’m thankful for every timeless season,
new bark; new bough with endless reason.
I’m thankful for all the joyful bliss,
that graces my cheek as a gentle kiss.
I’m thankful for being allowed to touch,
that one lost soul whom needs so much.
I’m thankful for every little thing,
that has no worth, but smiles they bring.
I’m thankful for the minuscule,
for that where my soul can rule.
I’m thankful for all my eyes can see,
breathless beauty from God to me.
I’m thankful for all of this and more,
the love of life, the chance to soar!


Luke 17:15-16 “And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.”

Thankful 

I am most thankful for my ever loving God who loves me the way I am – there is no day set aside for loving Him, it’s a second nature to me. 
Here are thirty days of thankfulness all rolled into one!

November
1. I’m thankful for cancer – It helped me to change my life
2. Friends – The very reason I visit the windowed world
3. Writing – Through writing, I find healing
4. My Family – My husband and son
5. My family back home – I haven’t seen them for ten years but I’m thankful for the memories. (yes, I’m doing two fives)
5. My family here – Hubby has a great Christian family that loves me
6. Health – For better or worse it’s a learning curve.
7. Sleep – all eight hours of my sleep is precious and healing
8. Cars that run – twenty-year-old cars that run!
9. Springtime in the fall – In the fifties today, the sixties and a seventy by weeks end
10. Coloring books - for the big kid in me
11. Dependable friends – Friends who stand by what they say
12. Music – a meditative source of healing
13. Herbs – Healing
14. Fruits and vegetables
15. Vitamins –
16. Wisdom – 
17. Knowledge – Knowing the difference
18. Healthy food to eat – The new me!
18. My husband and son both have jobs!
19. My dogs – The stray, Riley, that is still here and my Sassy!
20. Life – All of it
21. Energy – I have the energy of a twenty-year-old
22. Walking – I have the ability to walk.
23. Balance – To know the difference when the scale is tipped
24. Exercise – Yes I’m thankful I can exercise
25. A well-balanced body – It makes exercising less of a chore
26. Sunrises and Sunsets – This is really at the top of my thankful list
27. Heat – On those chilly nights
28. Rain – and the sound of it hitting the windows 
29. Hope, Love, Joy – I know that’s three but I’m thankful for them evenly
30. I’m thankful for my strength!

I am grateful for so much more in my life, to set aside a month to be grateful seems to me inaccurate because I miss so much more of the things I’m thankful for every day of the year.

On this day of being thankful for food and family… let's remember to thank the One who makes loving one another possible and who GIVES to us freely!

All praise and Glory to God

2 comments:

benning said...

What a nifty post! :D

"19. My dogs – The stray, Riley, that is still here and my Sassy!" - Is Riley an indoors dog? Sassy show any ill-effects from her truck-attacking career? ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Joni! Whoo-Hoo! :D <3

*Hugs!*

joni said...

*Hugs*

Riley is an outdoor dog. She wandered over to the neighbor's house this summer because he had two new friendly dogs, but when one of the dogs got hit and killed (it was her BFF), Riley mourned and wound up coming back to me, her safe place. :)

Sassy knows not to go near cars. She's getting too old, she's almost 14. She's had a very good spoiled life, :D

Happy turkey day, Ben! I know you work but that is no reason not to be grateful! <3