Sunday, November 05, 2017

Poetry Sunday - Death Came Knocking

Job 12:22 He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.

Death Came Knocking

Slithering like a snake to tap
Tap tap on my shoulder unaware
I didn’t care if it bit, it bit me where
I never dared to see the color of death

From the icy clouds, it fell like snow
You know the kind, ice stings it binds
The flow, flowing down it fell it found
To skin be bound without a sound

Spray with waves crashing dashing
The mist sits as beads on my fist
I feel not real among the bliss of this
That walks along the path I kiss

Depart from me the cloak that came
Over me like falling rain, my tears not pain
To be me again as death came knocking
The clock tic tocking to remain the same

2 comments:

benning said...

Wow! :O

*HUGS!* <3

joni said...

I'm thinking that's a good WoW? :)

Told ya I need to stick to poetry!

*BIG HUGS*