Sunday, December 31, 2017

Poetry Sunday ~ Christmas' Past

a google image

Gal. 4:10 "Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years."


This will be my last post of the roller-coaster ride I call 2017! Not a great year but an enlightening year where God felt I was worthy to receive a second chance at life. So many lives were taken this year and here I am with a new lease. Thank you, Lord.
I'm sharing the last poem I wrote in 2017, not a great one but a card to my mother who still mourns for her husband of sixty years. I try to make them simple and not sad for her.

May you all have a Happy, Blessed New Year in 2018!


Merry Christmas
12-12-2017

I fondly remember Christmas past
The steps, the lights, the peace
Our laughter filling up the house
The memories that I release.

My Christmas’ of the present
No longer hold the past
They stay behind as memories
That never seems to last.

Our future is uncertain
Never knowing where we’ll roam
The joy of Christmas present
Is in the place that you call home.

Home is neither here nor there
It’s a place with which I start
To feel the love nestled close
Endearing to my heart.


2 Pet. 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."




2 comments:

benning said...

:D <3 *Hugs!*

joni said...

:D You arrived! lol

Thanks, Ben!

*HUGS* <3