Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Gateway to Health: HEALTH

Gal. 5:16  “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

Gateway to Health: HEALTH

Sickness is running rampant. People are carrying colds for weeks not days. The flu is knocking people out and killing some. Vaccinations for the flu are being dished out like candy and yet our nation is still overrun with illness. It’s so bad that medical supplies are running out in some hospitals and you say you still want to continue down your unhealthy path? 

I don’t understand. I’m almost at a loss for words but I won’t allow words to escape me. I’m a writer, not a fictional fantasy writer; I’m an adamant nonfiction writer. I see we’re in short supply! People are too busy with politics (still), Hollywood Happenings, and local crime to be caught up with the HEALTH of the nation, even when people are dropping off like dry skin.

My husband came home Friday asking me to make chicken soup. That’s the signal I need to know he’s coming down with a cold. After reading the (to me) horror stories of people being laid up for weeks on end with a cold or flu kind of scares me when he comes home with an illness. He works in the public atmosphere, breathing in toxic virus’ daily. 

I would tell you what arsenal you need to prevent or minimize your sickness but I feel like you wouldn’t listen to me anyway. Health nuts already know so I don’t need to tell them, I need to tell you, the ones who are getting sick! How many times have you heard about vitamin C over the years, thousands of times more than likely? They have all kinds of pills with zinc, and vitamin c and they leap off the shelves in droves. Notice that no one looks at the ingredients of those pills, they just buy because that’s what’s being shown to work on TV, in the media, and everywhere else. But you were still in bed for weeks weren’t you? 

I don’t take lightly to my fellow man basically killing themselves off. I don’t want to be the only one alive here because I learned how to take care of myself. I go on and on telling people how cans are toxic, plastic is toxic, GMO’s are not good for your body and microwaving plastic is even more toxic. Here is the ‘I need it fast and I need it now’ world, people are losing sight of the simple ways to take care of themselves.

Cans

Plastics- 

GMO’s - why they are toxic

Plastics -  why microwaving plastics may or may not be a good idea. 

Now there are links to every single one above to say that none of these things are bad for our food, the environment, or us. You be the judge. You're going to eat whatever you want anyway. Cancer is at an all-time high, pollution is destroying the atmosphere, our animals are being genetically modified, and a chemical toxin one way or another is constantly treating our crops. Sicknesses are lasting longer and pills, shots, vaccines, and addictions are all being brought front and center for you to be aware of, but is anyone doing anything to change the outcome? No, no one. Your government isn't going to save you from disaster. You have to save yourself!

I find it quite ironic when people get sick, (especially my husband) the first thing needed and wanted is Chicken Soup! Why, because it has healing qualities and tastes good. Do you wonder why chicken noodle soup is good for colds? It (should have) an abundance of VEGETABLES! Sure, reach for the vegetables when you’re sick, but reach for them to prevent getting sick? No way!

When purchasing my Vitamin C a couple of months ago, my husband got the wrong one. I needed the Soloray 5000 mg non-acidic powder. He inadvertently got acidic. The Big C patients need non-acidic. I have on hand two bottles of acidic vitamin C (and non-acidic for me)! 5000 mg is no small amount of vitamin C I might add. So a few months ago when he came home with the request of chicken noodle soup, I knew what it was for, a cold was looming. 

“I’ll make the soup if you take this vitamin C.” A bribe that worked and paid off!! His cold lasted less than a week! Now this time, with the fear tactics running rampant on social media and elsewhere, Friday I told him to take the vit. C and I’d make soup. Since his diet has changed dramatically, I do expect him to nip this cold and be out and about in no time. 

I have everyone in the house thinking about his diet intake but they are actually TAKING ACTION to change!! I didn’t say change or else, I let them live the way they want and you know what, they’re not happy with being unhealthy and are taking steps on their own to change! 

I’ve been on the healthy route for almost a year now (Jan. 25, 2017)! And since I have no fat to hold the toxins in my body, I’m hoping this cold he brought into the household will pass over me like the plague unleashed in Egypt. The Blood of the Lamb will protect me! I might get a sore throat or something, maybe a little cough, but I know that by continually eating healthy is paying off for me in more ways than one. 

The sickness scare would not be an issue if people were already healthy. It wouldn’t be newsworthy to report. I think people might like going to the doctor because that is at least one other person who will sympathize with their illness who can pat them on the head and hand them a drug and tell them to come back in six weeks.

I’m not in a state with alternative/integrative doctors that teach you about health and nutrition BEFORE sickness becomes widespread. I live in a state that thrives on GMO’s and demands that their agriculture is as healthy as the organic industry. The doctors are legal drug pusher’s destroying a once beautiful farming state. While the state might look big on the map, it is as small as the 20,000 small-town residents that keep the counties going. The longer I live here, the smaller the state becomes to me. It’s funny to me because I come from a tiny state on the map that has state of the art hospitals all within walking distance! 

While eating and living healthy is your Gateway to Health, you have to begin to change somewhere! While I’m out here striving to stay alive I have to watch as everyone around me is falling ill. It’s not a pretty sight, just as seeing a woman diagnosed with a dire disease, thriving and being vibrant with health must not be a pretty sight to you. Or maybe it is and you wished that you had her spirit, determination, and persistence in maintaining health. You CAN! 

2 comments:

benning said...

I have never heard of Vitamin C powder. Who sells that?

I prefer Lentil Soup to Chicken Soup. Is Chicken Soup a specific? Or just a preference based on Granny's home remedies?

Tell Steven to feel better! And Adam to stay away from sickies! :D

*Hugs!* <3 :D

joni said...

I'd swear you'd think I was an ad for the Solaray vitamin C powder! I think a healthy person can get away with taking it once or twice a week, once a day if you feel a cold coming on.

https://www.amazon.com/Solaray-Non-Acidic-Crystalline-Supplement-Ounce/dp/B000POU8X0

That link is the non-acidic but you can google Solaray Vitamin C powder. It's a trusted source that's why I got with it over the 'cheaper' brands. It's very affordable and lasts a long time!!!

I read somewhere that it is the chicken (usually with bones) fat added with all of the veggies that hold the healing properties. Something in those little beads of chicken grease (not canned broth), although they do now sell bone broth where you don't need the chicken. Add that to your lentil soup recipe for stock.

Steven is feeling remarkably better and Adam is still taking the Vit. C just in case. And I've sanitized this place and linens too! I'm still feeling great too!!!! :D

*HUGS* <3