Sunday, January 13, 2013

Poetry Sunday ~ I Am Not Alone

 Is. 60: 19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

I Am Not Alone
***
As I sit in the midst of life
I ponder comings and goings.
Mixed and mingled are no friends
for surely they have no showings.

My life is spent in solitude
my days are filled from within.
I long to have a friend in life
but where am I to begin?

Lonely days wash over me
like a warm soft summers rain
I’m forever alone in my thoughts
often driven insane.

I stumble and I sometimes fall,
I trip sometimes as they all laugh.
No one knows the pain I endure,
the misery for time and a half.

Look at me as I stand so strong,
all that I have overcome
See the light shine forth from me
as my work is not yet done.

With the Lord as my shepherd
on this path I’m never alone
Friends may come and they may go
but never forget the light I’ve shone.

Pss. 27: 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments: