Saturday, December 27, 2014

Quotation Saturday

^from the net ^



RELIGION

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.”
~ Mark Twain

“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.”
~ John Lennon

“In truth, there was only one Christian and he died on the cross.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

GOD

“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.”
~ C.S. Lewis

“God has no religion.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi

“I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people.”
~ John Henry Newman

“I don't stand for black man's side, I don't stand for white man's side, I stand for God's side.”
~ Bob Marley

FAITH

“I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes a while to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That's how it often is. God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But other times, in those rarest of moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.”
~ Nicholas Sparks
“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien

“I have great faith in fools - self-confidence my friends will call it.”
~ Edgar Allan Poe

“Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith.”
~ Lauren Kate

“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.”
~ Max Lucado

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi


NEW YEAR

“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”
~ Neil Gaiman

“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.”
~ T.S. Eliot

“May Light always surround you;
Hope kindle and rebound you.
May your Hurts turn to Healing;
Your Heart embrace Feeling.
May Wounds become Wisdom;
Every Kindness a Prism.
May Laughter infect you;
Your Passion resurrect you.
May Goodness inspire
your Deepest Desires.
Through all that you Reach For,
May your arms Never Tire.”
~ D. Simone

“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.”
~ Brad Paisley


HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: