Monday, May 04, 2015

Gay Bashing




Matt. 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Gay Bashing?

Yes I said the word that can be heard around the country, gay. I didn’t use the politically correct term, homosexual, because when I was growing up men who liked men were called gay and no matter how wrong the term is, I can’t stop using it. I don’t use the term to degrade, it is just the word I know.  So with all due respect, please read on.

I have a friend who is struggling with accepting homosexuality, whether in her church or in politics, she is struggling BUT she isn’t doing it in a hateful manner, she is trying to understand and I respect that in her.

I have other friends who are downright gay bashers calling themselves Christians no less! I bet they’re all Conservitards, yup, I said that too, you know why? I’m tired of being called a Libtard because I don’t conform to their malicious form of hate spewing. But I just did and I have them to thank. FYI: I am affiliated with NO party!

I read a blog post by J.S. Park recently and it presented some pretty strong facts that made sense and I’d like you to read it so maybe you too can understand. If you are part of the hate-filled, gay bashing, racist, prejudiced community, I’d advise you not to read it because you might not like hearing the truth. You claim to know the truth; you swing those Bible verses around touting THIS is the truth, but seriously, do you even know what truth is?

People are fleeing churches in numbers because they allow gay people in their midst. But do they flee because people who have been divorced are there too? Why not? Are YOU deciding what sin or wrongdoing is right in the church? It is no different than picking and choosing which scripture you deem to be truth.

Since God CREATED the human being, by hating and bashing, you are essentially hating what God created! I have been living in sin for thirteen years now but the way I see it may not be the way you see it. I am divorced living with a man. Oh no, get out the stakes now! God had a hand in every single year, just so you know. Did he abandon me because I am living in sin? No. Did He judge me? Not yet. Am I going to hell? Who knows? Surely not me.

The way I see it is it happened this way so I could be persecuted. As we came closer to God it was God’s very own people who persecuted us.

“Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, and they plotted to arrest Jesus in some sly way and kill him.” Matthew 26:3-4

“It is surprising to some that the rulers are not the biggest persecutors of Christians in the New Testament. That dubious honor falls to the Jewish priestly caste. But there is no doubt that strong opposition came from the rulers. Pontius Pilate was complicit in the death of Jesus; Herod Agrippa killed the apostle James in Jerusalem (Acts 12:2); and of course Nero initiated a terrible persecution against the Christians of Rome in AD 64—the community most think Mark’s gospel was written to encourage.” ~ Bible Gateway, SSttS

It is not surprising to me that we as a sinning couple were persecuted by our church family; gays are persecuted daily as well as Christians, Muslims, Jews and whatever doesn’t fit the accusers conformed (or deformed) state of mind.

Maybe satan has done his job, he is turning people against people in record numbers. He is turning people against the church, against everything God and it is working as the Bible prophesied.

So let me tell you, my fellow man, as you hate, spew hate, persecute and condemn, you are doing satan’s bidding not the Lord’s. As you pick and choose what scripture is your truth, learn to read it in its entirety to gain the understanding.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."

If you believe that Jesus died for everyone’s sin, then you cannot pick and choose which sin is to be more condemned. If you feel gay men are living in sin and choose to condemn them, then choose to condemn me also as I am living in sin. The divorced woman, the widow, the thief, the murder are all sinners, condemn them also. Do you see now? You are condemning the very truth you say you uphold. Jesus didn’t condone sin any more than I do, but He died for sin. He forgave sin. He asked us to LOVE our brother, not condemn them for the sin you choose to condemn.

When Jesus Himself was hanging on the cross He said, “Father, forgive THEM, for THEY know not what THEY do.”

Luke 23:34 “Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.”

I am THEM, we are THEY, remember THAT truth.

No comments: