Friday, November 24, 2017

Change or Stay The Same

Colossians 2:6-7 KJV “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.”

Change or Stay the Same

As a child, our parents would issue an ultimatum to us when we did something bad. Change or do the same thing over and reap the repercussions. More times than not we chose not to change and of course, we reaped the repercussions and received a spanking or another form of punishment. Punishment because we chose not to change.

As an adult, while I don’t have my mother over my head telling me not to do something, I do have a Father inwardly pressing me to change or stay the same. While I have a tendency to come down hard on doctor’s the one thing I agree with them on is when they utter the words that you can change your diet, food intake, alcohol consumption, etc. or stay the same and suffer the consequences.

This is where the whole pharma/drug epidemic gained traction. They were banking on people not changing and staying the same, therefore NEEDING the drugs they offered to pacify their problem illness. The Big Pharma never sought a cure, they made more money keeping people drugged up. There is no money in non-sick people.

I call this era in history the Techno Era, it is the era where technology has soared to new heights. We’re not as advanced as the sci-fi shows like Star Trek, but we’re not too far behind. In all of the sci-fi shows I’ve watched about the future, I never see heads bowed into submission, not to God, but to a techno gadget that holds their attention. The world has become addicted as much to drugs and food as they have to their gadgets of the new era.

Change or stay the same, some will argue that change is necessary for growth and advancement and they embrace the changes of the techno era, but does this mean they’ll change their diets to save their own lives? More times than not, people would rather accept a new drug for their heart or a new phone for their hand than to change the food that goes into their mouth. And as a result, society is suffering the repercussions.

While I’m not 100% against the techno era, only because of this current illness I’m faced with. Had this disease attacked me just fourteen years ago before I received my very first computer, I’m sure there would have been a totally different outcome because I would have succumbed to the doctors and their fear tactics not ever known there was something different out there that I could utilize to heal. Because God forbid, should a doctor be trained to tell you to change or stay the same. Some doctors will tell you to change or expect your health to diminish, but do people change? Not on their life!

Life expectancy is getting shorter and shorter with each passing year because of the toxic world we are giving our children. More and more children will be affected by the EMF (electromagnetic field) of their tablet and phone use as well as the fifty vaccinations they receive by the time they’re five, and the chemically treated food that we give them to eat every day of their lives. No wonder the nation is so sick.

I’ll be tossed the argument that you need to know how the balance of these techno gadgets can have benefits. I agree, but that is assuming people are willing to change rather than stay the same, right? It’s pretty clear that people are NOT willing to change. I understand balance, I understand change, I also understand repercussions that have haunted me throughout my life because I wouldn’t change, CANCER is the result.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I have carnivores in the house so I accommodated them AND made myself a wholesome meal of a lifestyle that I now embrace. The guys had their small turkey (breast), stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, and I tossed in some corn for them. Me? I had baked sweet potatoes smothered in organic maple syrup, cinnamon, and chunks of pineapple. I also enjoyed sauerkraut with grass-fed chicken sausage, and I had corn also. I treated myself to a dinner roll, too. I was so full when I was done it felt like I had gained much-needed poundage. Later, I also had a big slice of an organic pumpkin pie I made!

Sometimes we can embrace change or suffer the repercussions. Nobody in my house felt deprived of a huge turkey dinner and no one was fighting for the Rolaids afterward! My man has chosen to change. He’s cutting back his sugar intake, watching the carbs, taking a vitamin and in two weeks has already gone down a belt size; all because he CHOSE to change.

I don’t tell people they HAVE to change, I mention that change is good and healthy but I think they already know that and have CHOSEN to stay the same and suffer the repercussions. So as you knock back that beer, devour that bottle of wine, overindulge in a meal because it is there, remember the repercussions and the old saying, “A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.” While I am most thankful for the food I was able to eat, I am more thankful for the opportunity to CHANGE and turn my health and life around and not stay the same.

All praise and glory to God!

Pss. 55:19 “God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.”

2 comments:

benning said...

"sauerkraut with grass-fed chicken sausage" - That sounds tasty. How did you prepare it?

I didn't over-indulge - I was working - and the 'feast' our kitchen prepared was meager, and half-empty two hours before my shift started. Sad. This was the first 'Holiday Meal' for the employees that was embarrassing to see. *sigh*

But I had two thin slices of gristly turkey, a gelatinous lump of room temperature stuffing, and a cup of coffee. :D I made the coffee. LOL

But when I got home I made two sandwiches with some lunch meat and cheese, maters and lettuce, and enjoyed. Saw the Folks before I went to work. We had a nice visit. :D

*HUGS!* Happy Day After Thanksgiving, Joni! Wheeee! :D <3

joni said...

The sausage is Italian grass-fed chicken sausage! It's delicious. My hubby got it from the place he works. I slice the links up, pop them in an Organic sauerkraut and heat on low for an hour. Even Adam said it was awesome (he's not a turkey fan either).

Sorry you didn't get to go have a good meal with folks BEFORE work, then you could've laughed at the fixins your employee left out.

I must not have eaten enough, I woke up hungry. LOL