Friday, April 29, 2011

What a Week!

Prov 25:16 Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.
***
Well it started off on the right foot as Easter came and  we went to the wonderful Church service that was flooded with the yearlies. That’s the folk who come once or twice a year? Mainly Christmas and Easter. It makes them feel like they are doing something good for God, and I’m sure God is excited to see them, but I bet he wishes they’d stay.

Then we had an awesome family dinner at my beaus sister's house, with ham and cheesy potatoes, and an egg hunt for all the tradition followers. That means that the kids range in age from 14- 22, and all have a blast seeking out the candy-filled plastic eggs, and returning to eat all the candy. What a fun sight and day. 



Beau, being blind, usually gets a little overwhelmed with all the noise but this time it didn’t seem to take a toll on him like it normally does. Maybe he’s getting used to the sounds and commotion? I know he’s having a blast at audio book-heaven and enjoying writing reviews for all the books he listens to.

Which leads me to today’s post. Where have I been all week? Well I sort of hit a stumbling block, or should I say, a Writer’s Block! The weather has been cold and windy, the days have been spent in shadows of light trickling in the window and the time outdoors is spent in a coat which really hinders any yard work or gardening that I’d like to do.

Winter has Spring in its clutches and is just not letting go and that can be quite depressing to the human psyche. Depressing and frustrating. Everything seems to be frustrating me these days, from the whimsical, “It’s gonna be a breezy day” which really means a WINDY day with gusts exceeding 40 mph, all the way to the clouds not letting the sun come out and play.

I sit at the computer frustrated at all the Social Scenes, games, people, falsity, hypocrites, weather, you name it, then I open my word to type something and I draw a total blank. Well I can write what is frustrating me and through that I’m hoping it weeds out the mangled thoughts that are hindering my writing and gets me on the right path to writing again.

See, Joni? Now that wasn’t so hard! Let it all out and get yourself back together. I’m sure May will bring warmth and sunshine. It will bring a doctor visit for beau and possibly the promising news of being put on the cornea transplant list, and all will once again be right with the world. Or will it?

Only time can tell and only time is the healer. I’m closing off all the negative vibrations and going to rejoice in the promise of a New Day. May you all seek out the positive that all the negative tries to strangle from your thoughts. Hold your head high and know, God
loves YOU!
 
Tuesday was Astri's birthday ~ somber day because she WOULD HAVE been seven!

No comments: