Sunday, December 23, 2012

Poetry Sunday ~ Twinkle Twinkle

Pss.12: 1 Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men

A Tragedy

Crimson has stained the world
As we mourn the life of youth.
No joyous sounds, no jingle bells
Stolen was the age of truth.

Blood has washed over our hearts
stained is our Christmas glory.
We sit in wonder of it all
as some are raging in fury.

Oceans of pain has erupted
on this luscious land we adore
Corruption has slithered along to find
we’ve welcomed all we abhor.

Tragedy unleashed its sorrow
in brutal ungodly fashion.
Wiping out the hearts of men
who are strong with Godly passion.

What better way to slash at God
then to slaughter His purest on earth;
to take away the moment in  time
that we celebrate Jesus’ birth.

How can man even fathom
as we grapple in the dark.
For one shining ray of hope
to the everlasting spark?

Often times as the path grows dim,
And we search for a ray of light.
High above there’s a shining star
Guiding us through the night.
***

Twinkle, Twinkle
***

Twinkle, twinkle
My little star
How I wonder
Why you’re off so far
Way up high out of my reach
So many things I’ve yet to teach.

Twinkle, Twinkle
My little star
In God’s hands
You’re not so far
Up above the moonbeams sigh
Can you see me as I cry?

Twinkle, Twinkle 
My little star.
How I wonder
about this scar;
Left upon my soul so clear.
By my child, once so near.

Twinkle, Twinkle
My little star
Hold my place
Right where you are
Remember we’re not far apart
A place for you is in my heart.

Twinkle, Twinkle
My little star.
All the world
Knows who you are.

***
In remembrance of the children of the Dec. 14th  Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre

Pss. 14: 2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God


Heaven shines a little brighter, as a spiritual renewal washes over.

2 comments:

M. SUE said...

Written ~ no surprise ~ with the greatest of compassion and deep devotion. Masterful in presentation, Joni.
The surprise is (so far) no comments. Perhaps, like I, people are just busy and will check your blog "later". I am glad I stopped by today for I have been blessed by it.
Always with love,
Auntie Sue

joni said...

Thank you! :)
If I wrote for comments, surely I'd stop writing altogether.

Even though many followers follow, few comment.

It's okay, I'm blessed and appreciative of the reads. :)

Have the Merriest of Christmas' ever!!!