Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Baltimore Riots?

Mark 13:8 "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows."

I grew up in the city of Baltimore. A very house-to-house packed on the row-home filled streets. We lived in a white community surrounded to the west and east of South Baltimore by the black communities.

We didn’t venture there because we were taught that it was just a bad community. Granted I had a couple of black friends who ventured into our area, they said the same thing, they moved because the areas in the outer limits were pretty bad.

I lived about five blocks from the Inner Harbor that later became a Mecca of diversity with shops of different cultures lining the water’s edge. Fort McHenry, Federal Hill, and the Inner Harbor were just a couple of my hangouts while growing up. I was in the center of the city and all that city living entailed.

Believe it or not I didn’t turn out to be prejudice, ie: unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding an ethnic, racial, social, or religious group, or a racist ie: the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others, even though both were in full sight all around me.

When I moved to Texas quite a few years ago, we lived in a predominantly black apartment complex. I’d say it was a 70/30 ratio, us being the minority. I didn’t feel out of place because it was basically the same community I had grown up in, diverse. I welcomed and was welcomed into the community.

My son learned racism quite quickly in Texas as he was called names he had never heard before such as nigger, cracker and white trash. Yes, he learned the ‘N’ word from a black kid who had called him a nigger and he came home asking me what it meant. I explained that it meant an ignorant person which is exactly what the child who called him that was being raised to be. The kids even teased him when he told them we were moving to Nebraska!

“That’s white man’s country.”

We soon understood what they meant when we got here and were hard pressed to see a black person anywhere. Maybe 1 in a 100? Yeah, this is white man’s country here in Nebraska. It is also an extremely conservative state meaning don’t declare yourself an independent because that is seen immediately as a liberal, or libtard as so many conservatives in their hate spew. Anyone who doesn’t agree with their hate is a liberal and they themselves become the ignorant, hateful, violators.

With all the rioting going on in different states it is pretty hard not to become prejudice. Not against a color per se, but against criminal thugs, period! To destroy, burn and loot your own neighborhoods you are destroying humanity and thugs see only themselves as the ‘misunderstood’ people of society. They are the fatherless, druggy criminals raised by the same. Nothing more, nothing less.

Human beings are human beings and as such we should ACT as such, not the vile animals that these rioters seem to be. Maybe I don’t understand and maybe I do. I’m trying hard not to spew hateful words as to offend anyone but the state of our country saddens me and all I know to do is pray. Pray for the lost souls who may have never been prayed for before. It is what Jesus calls me to do and I will honor Him.

So while people are filled with vile anger, souls churn inside with hatred, blind eyes are everywhere to every atrocity surrounding them and they cling only to the negative portion of understanding. They, to me, are no different than the criminal thugs wanting justice.

A friend told me, “This is not our world.” I know this and understand it more than you know.

When 4,000 people are killed in an earthquake and all that people can talk about are politics and agenda’s, or the soup of the day, it isn’t just the criminal minds that are at fault here, it is the human race living as if they are cancer-stricken with no cure!

Baltimore will rise from the ashes; Nepal will rise from the rubble, maybe just not on this side of cosmos, but one day. I pray.

May God be with you all.

Luke 21:11 “And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”
 
 

No comments: